How can I obtain a copy of my DD-214
or my full military records?

You may use Standard Form-180 to obtain a copy of your full military records, including your DD-214. Clicking on the SF-180 link above with take you to a PDF copy of the form and all instructions for properly completing and mailing. If you use SF-180 be sure to carefully specify your records that you wish to have. I filed an SF-180 for my records in December 2010, and received a very comprehensive packet in early January 2011. This had my DD-214, medical records, where and when I served, ranks, combat, medals, etc.

You may search for all kinds of military records online at The National Archives , then click on "Launch the eVetRecs System to start your request Online."